Terms and conditions of use:
NOTHING HEREIN CONTAINED IS INTENDED TO AFFECT, NOR WILL IT AFFECT A CUSTOMER'S STATUTORY RIGHTS
UNDER THE SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES ACT 1982 AND THE UNFAIR CONTRACTS ACT 1977 OR ANY AMENDMENT THEREOF.
ESTIMATES - an estimate given for a repair shall be provisional and maybe subject to variations in the price of parts, materials and/or labour between the date of the estimate and the actual date of repair. It may also depend on any further work or parts that are found to be necessary - subject to the details overleaf, or additional works which are required. All further additional works will be notified to the customer prior to its commencement and an email acknowledgement will be legally accepted. An administrative charge may be made for an estimate or quote and the charge maybe requested upfront, solely at the discretion of Snobs Custom Cycles Ltd. The customer will be informed of this prior to any work being done on said estimate or quote.
1. VAT - Any VAT shown on the estimate is at the rate in force at the time the estimate was prepared. The VAT charged on completion of the repair will be the rate applicable at that time.
2. RESTRICTIONS - The repairer reserves the right to refuse to carry out work on the vehicle, which it considers to be un-roadworthy, or work which would make the vehicle unsafe. The repairer may refuse to carry out work, which might have a detrimental effect on other parts of the vehicle or contravene the road traffic act.
3. COLLECTION - The Company will only release the vehicle to the customer or the customer’s agent after repairs are completed and all outstanding financial commitments are settled. The vehicle will only be released to the customer’s agent with written authorisation and a satisfaction notice will have to be signed.
4. STORAGE - The vehicle must be collected within 24 hours of notification (unless prior arrangements are made) notification may be made by telephone, email or text. If the vehicle is not collected storage charges may be applied at the rate of £15 per day plus vat.
5. PAYMENT - Unless other arrangements have been agreed, all repairs must be paid for in full before collection. Cheques are not accepted unless arranged in advance (from Insurance companies), the repairer may refuse to release the vehicle until the cheque has cleared & storage will also be chargeable from the time of completion of works. Payments can be made by bank transfer, cash or debit card.
6. LIEN - The repairer has the right to hold a vehicle after completion of its repairs until such time as the account is paid in full, including any storage due.
7. UNCOLLECTED GOODS - The repairer may exercise their rights as regards to uncollected goods under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977. If the goods are not collected, or before any notice to that effect expires, the repairer may proceed to sell the goods subject to any notice under the Act.
8. SUB-CONTRACT - It may be necessary for the repairer to sub-contract all or part of the work to other competent repairers. Whom will be wholly responsible for all warranty’s regarding to the supply of parts/goods/services &/or repairs supplied!
9. REPLACEMENT PARTS - All parts replaced, other than those exchanged for replacement parts or those subject to a warranty claim, becomes the property of the company unless the customer requests their return prior to commencement of repairs & agreed with SCC.Ltd.
10. PAINTWORK - Where new paintwork is required and the metalwork is found to be rusty, every reasonable precaution will be taken to prevent such rust penetrating after completion of painting, but no guarantee can be given in this respect. If partial paint-work is required, every endeavour will be made to match the existing colour scheme, but no guarantee can be given of perfect colour match at this time or there-after.
11. DELAYS - The repairer will do his utmost to complete the repair by the date and time requested, but cannot accept any responsibility for delay from the non-or late availability of parts, or other reasons beyond our control.
12. LIABILITY -
· a) The repairer will take reasonable care of the vehicle, while in his custody. This duty does not extend to items of personal property or business goods left in or on the vehicle. Customers should therefore ensure that all valuable items of personal property or business goods are removed from the vehicle prior to commencement of repairs.
· b) Where by the agreement with, or on the instructions of the customer, the vehicle is left outside the repairers’ premises, before or after normal business hours, on an unfenced part of the said premises, any risk or loss or damage howsoever occasioned, will be the customers responsibility.